Skip to main content

The ONE!

What do we all want? I cannot answer that. However I do know that for most of the human race they are looking for that special someone who they want to spend the rest of their lives with. You know, the ONE! The Soulmate! True love! Your dream girl. Everything else you can think of.

We often have an image of who that person will look like. Sometimes that image is too perfect and we end up compromising. As one friend said, we all make compromises.

I was searching for my girl for decades. I cannot say that I made that much of an effort because people tend to hurt one another. You ask a girl out and she laughs in your face. Is that nice? What you do about that is something else and not for this entry.

I found my special someone. In my case, she was exactly as I imagined. Not only did she look as I imagined, but we had the same interests, the same sense of humor, which she called SOH, the same likes in movies, books, songs. Even managed to finish one another's sentences after a very short while. How good is that?

She tells me I am the ONE! That I touched her soul! That I am her soulmate! Life Was good. As the Carpenters song, I was on top of the world, looking down on creation and the only explanation was HER.

I wanted to meet her parents as we were getting serious. Then she tells me that she has money, lots of money, an obscene amount of money and that I would need to sign a pre-nup. Did I care? Of course not.

She called me up and told me that she told her parents that I am the ONE!

All of a sudden, no contact from her! I tried calling, emailing, facebook, nothing! I went to her home but it had been rented out. Strange. She had gone to visit her parents in NY.

After a week, I received an email from her. Her parents had bought her brother a liner as a birthday gift and they had gone to the Bahamas. OK...And then she tells me that her parents had vetoed our relationship. We are over. Thank you. We shared dreams and now we are over. Say what? Am I your ONE? Your soulmate? If yes, then how can you let your parents get in the way? Am I that bad a person?

How would anyone handle that situation? I do not know about anyone else, but I was devastated.

More in my book:

Kill Me Now! A Middle Aged Man’s Maneuvers through the Frontline of the Dating Battlefield 
ISBN: 9781462059515
Available in November 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Lenin

Today I would like to welcome Robert Craven and his book "get Lenin". Robert, tell us about yourself? I was born July 2nd 1966 and I am currently living in Dublin, Ireland. I have had my first novel Get Lenin published by Taylor Street Publishing, an independent press based in San Francisco. I started writing in my teens, short stories, poems, song ideas as I was playing bass in various bands around the city. I have worked as a Graphic Designer and Desk Top Publisher for various Dublin publishers learning the ropes and in 2000, collated my diaries from the years of gigging & turned them into a novel. Titled ‘Vocals preferred, own transport essential’ I pitched it for about a year without success. In 2004/05 I started writing Get Lenin, have since had the sequel ‘Zinnman’ published and here I am today! I have a full-time job, married and a father. I write CD / download reviews for ‘Musicians Together Magazine’, an Irish on-line magazine featuring local and inte

A Shield of Health - Author Spotlight

A Shield of Health   It’s Only Madness A New Book by Bill Talcott First of all I would like to thank Lawrence Fisher for inviting your Dear Old Uncle Bill to his blog and giving me the chance to convince people NOT to purchase the latest book, Shield of Health by that madman Bill Talcott. That’s right, NOT purchase Shield of Health. It’s crazy to think that anyone would sit in front of a computer for a countless number of hours writing about people and places that don’t exist. And it’s not just the writing, it’s the time spent thinking this stuff up. You’d have to be out of your mind. Right? The whole idea is almost as insane as The Mission . So I guess you could consider this Bill Talcott guy to be twice as crazy. Oh excuse me, my psychologist says that term is no longer used. Whatever. Just to give you an example of the madness I’m talking about, here’s an excerpt from Shield of Health. The senator remained calm, letting Mack come across as the one who was being un

Destiny!

Destiny   A New Book by Andrea Buginsky Today I interviewed Andrea Buginsky about her new book and this is what she had to say about it: "I love fantasy. It is a great way to escape the world you’re in and enter a number of others. When I started writing my own fantasy stories, I was amazed at how pulled into the worlds I was creating I was. It was as if the world around me changed to the setting of my stories as I wrote them. Occasionally, I would be interrupted, and it felt like being pulled back through a portal and returning to our world. I would immediately take care of the situation and quickly return to the world in my story. The first world I created was Phantasma, a magical realm with elves, dwarves, goliaths, queens, monsters, and magic. It is the world in my first series, The Chosen. The second world I created is Avalon. Although it takes place in modern time, it is set apart from the rest of the world, and feels like a world of its own, lost in a time of lo